Welcome!
Welcome to the Saint Rose Art Studio blog!
My name is Sarah Turner and I am the art teacher at Saint Rose School. I will be showcasing our student's wonderful art work on this blog and sending the link out in the weekly newsletter.
RK-6th grade students have art class for an hour every week and we are going to make use of every minute. Seventh and eighth grade students have three choices of exploratory educational classes to choose from each semester such as art journaling, set design, art faces, and abstract art.
This year I will be basing my curriculum on children's literature. We will be studying illustrations in picture books, how those illustrations tie into the elements of art and principles of design, and how they relate to famous artists and art movements throughout history. We will be exploring many different methods and tools to create our own wonderful masterpieces. Some of these projects will be sent home as soon as they are ready, and others will be displayed in school for each semester.
More than anything, I want every child to know that he or she is capable of great art. I want each child at Saint Rose to enjoy the process of creating and to be proud of their carefully constructed pieces of art work.
Every child is an artist!
Come and visit at Meet the Teacher and see all the updates to the art studio.
I can be contacted at turner@saintroseonline.org with questions. Thank you for entrusting me to teach art to your wonderful children!
