3-D STEAM Sculpture
"Art is a place for children to learn to trust
their ideas, themselves and to explore what is possible."
MaryAnn Kohl
We read the book Rosie Revere Engineer, and we talked about imagination, creativity, and perseverance. (They would need a whole bunch of that for this project!). The kids chose different supplies for their projects and then went to work, making whatever they wanted using the supplies they had.
During one class I heard the statement, "Gravity and I are not friends!" ...and I loved it! They could use as much glue as they wanted (for once!) and construct something of their dreams. BUT they had to do it with the supplies on hand. This was definitely frustrating sometimes, but I would say, "If it isn't working, you need to think of a way to do it differently."
The projects, although they may not look like it, are carefully, thoughtfully constructed. When they come home with them please ask them about their projects! They had something specific in mind when they made it and each placement serves a purpose. It was wonderful to see them sharing and collaborating with each other, working together, and using their wonderful imaginations.
_______________________
The weather was beautiful this week, so grades fifth and up were outside sketching in the sun in the church garden.














